The purpose of the RunPro Camp is to personally connect aspiring professional runners with the resources necessary to pursue a professional running career. The interactive camp will provide opportunities to:
- Get to know other runners;
- Meet coaches and athletes from professional training centers;
- Learn about shoe company requirements for sponsorship;
- Determine what type of representation, if any, would be best;
- Find out about elite race recruitment and criteria for receiving travel expenses and prize money;
- Go over the USATF rules governing professional running and opportunities to represent the U.S. in international competition'
- And more!
Information will also be provided on topics such as health care, drug testing, community involvement, finances and taxes as they relate to professional running.
Overview of 2018 Camp
Date: July 19 - 21, 2018
Check-In: RRCA National Office, 1501 Lee Hwy, Arlington, VA 22209
Camp Location: Holiday Inn Rosslyn, 1900 N Fort Myer Drive Arlington, VA 22209, Shenandoah AB room
Funding: Up to 20 selected athletes will be provided with lodging, meals, and travel reimbursement.
Lodging will be provided at: Holiday Inn Rosslyn
Meals: Breakfast and lunch will be provided at the meeting location. Dinner will be provided at selected venues.
Air Travel: The RRCA will provide a certain level of reimbursement for athletes who travel by air.
Ground Transportation: The RRCA will provide a certain level of reimbursement for athletes who travel to the camp by ground transportation.
Applications for the 2018 RunPro Camp will be accepted through May 31.
Please note that there is a limited amount of funding for travel reimbursement, as well as a limited number of complementary rooms available. All applications will be reviewed, and you will be notified by mid-June if your travel and lodging will be funded by the RRCA. Deadline to apply is May 30 so long as your NCAA eligibility is completed before the Camp date which will be July 19 - 21, 2018